Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Something is always better than nothing

“Something is always better than nothing” is the adage with which I try to console my frustrated soul whenever life throws peanuts at me instead of rewarding me with jack fruit :).
I don’t even remember since when I have started finding solace in these lines and I am sure even God doesn’t remember also else I wouldn’t be writing this one…….

When I swing between feelings of ecstasy, euphoria and joy to sadness, agony and disgust .I try to find equilibrium using this phrase somewhere in between these two extremes of emotions.
I mean what’s the point in ruing for a lost opportunity think of what all life has given you apart from that.

We crib about lost opportunities, lost love, lost ventures and what not but we never try to realize that still we are better off than many ….Dude!!! At least you know what it like/feel being in love …look around there are so many who are clueless about love …..
Well your love life not going right is altogether a different issue :)

Every failure leaves you with at least experience about how things can go wrong if not anything. Things will fall in place later if not sooner. Till then try to make your self feel better by thinking that at least you have something which many don’t have and you are better off than many in many ways.

I am not asking you to concede to “Something is always better than nothing” ….that would be suicidal!!!That would be the end if you start feeling content at “Something” and not going for “Everything”. I am just asking you to console your self with this thought process if things are not going very right for you.

“All can’t be well” in life after all we have to live it and not to sail through it!!!

7 comments:

  1. A simple, crisp, inspirational and most frequently seeked for advice , after-all we are in a country of 1 Billion guys :)

    Keep pouring..
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed!! Perfecto!!

    Waiting for next b4 u leave! :)

    And many more before I leave!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)....nice yogi....trust me after knowing you I never thot u cud write so much.......but this is good..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yogi, life is bullshit if one aims for shit.
    It is awesome if you have wholesome.

    What is this something?
    Some salary, some girl, some food, some some..

    i dont want some, i want wholesum. Grrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..!!! this write up is far better than your last ones... I liked it...
    I am still waiting for your thoughts on "Friday XXXXXs"

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Somethingness' never gives the bliss that 'Nothingness' can give. Human are meant to try and make 'everything' out of 'nothing'.

    While working on 'nothing' if midway we get lost/loose focus, we make 'everthing' turn into just 'something'. Having something is easy. Its the path between Nothing and everything.

    So I would say "Nothing is always beter than something". Thrs those old lines which Yogi will definitely remember:
    "Dil bhi ik bachche ki maanind adaa hai zid par,
    ya to sab kuchh hi ise chaahiye ya kuchh bhi nahi"

    and aren't kids happy???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Part of life ..
    It's not easy to settle with just 'something' if you actually wish for a Goood material life .. We're economical beings and just 'SOmething' can never satisfy us.. We yearn for more of everything .. and it becomes real hard to be happy with something which we already have.. We always want the better of that something and in process we end up forgetting the real happy-good feeel of owning the so called 'something'..
    Well, the true mantra is- "No matter how much, Tooo much is NEVER ENOUGH"!!!".. So something is now just a synonym to nothing =p.. well, i don't personally think so, but that's how it's for today's world!..
    I'm an extremist, I either want it or else i just don't care about!!

    Loving your posts!!

    ReplyDelete